fbpx
man sneezing into his elbow

Why It’s Not That Safe to Clean Mold on Your Own

December 10, 2021

It doesn’t take much for mold to appear on your walls and ceilings – a little bit of moisture, a comfortable temperature, and some organic materials, and this annoying fungus can thrive. But while mold can easily appear with a snap of the finger, getting rid of it is quite a different story. 

If your home has just a couple of small moldy spots, using 3% hydrogen peroxide, vinegar, or baking soda can help you get rid of it. However, if your mold problem is more serious, you should never try to DIY your way around mold removal. It’s dangerous and could even make your problems worse. 

Take a look at just a few of the reasons why cleaning mold on your own isn’t as safe as it first appears.

You’d be exposing yourself to unnecessary risks

Mold spores are everywhere around us – outdoors, indoors, wherever you go. Typically, they don’t cause any serious issues until they settle in your vicinity and start growing. 

Depending on the type of mold you’re exposed to and your sensitivity to it, you could encounter an array of health issues when you come in contact with a high concentration of mold – as is the case when you’re trying to remove it on your own. Common symptoms include itchy eyes, a stuffy nose, a sore throat, coughing, and sneezing. If you have asthma or allergies, mold can cause more severe reactions – rashes, wheezing, and lung infections. 

By trying to get rid of it yourself, you’d be exposing yourself to too much unnecessary risk

You could make the mold problem worse

Unless you’re using the right tools and equipment, you will risk making your mold problem worse by trying to get rid of it. 

Removing visible mold is easy enough; you could even do it with a single swipe of a dry paper towel. However, that would only spread mold further over your walls. Within a few days, the leftover spores will grow and become more noticeable than ever, and it won’t take long until you have no other choice but to seek professional assistance – which would be more expensive since the problem has spread.

You could miss critical spots 

If you notice mold on your walls, the chances are that there’s mold everywhere around your house – in the air vents, around the pipes, in the attic, behind the layers of paint on the walls. Removing only the mold you see won’t help you solve your problem as you could miss critical mold hiding spots. 

Professionals have years of experience in mold removal, and they know exactly where mold could be hiding. They can completely eliminate mold from your home, allowing you to feel safe and comfortable.

Get rid of mold with RidAway 

Getting rid of mold can be an unsafe, challenging task when you’re doing it alone. Stay on the safe side and contact RidAway for mold removal consultation and professional removal services. 

Bring home safety & comfort

Drag to Reposition
Move Up or Down to Reposition
Move Left or Right to Reposition