Summer means spending more time on the beach and enjoying outdoor activities. For most families, it’s a great time for fun, sun, and picnics. This much-anticipated season in New England and Massachusetts is short-lived because the northern states have long, cold, and snowy winter months. This is why people make the most of it by organizing BBQ parties, games, or simply relaxing. Everyone wants to enjoy the season to the fullest and luxuriate under the heat of the sun. And then.... the pests arrive.
Living in these areas is a seasonal challenge. As soon as the temperature begins to rise, pesky insects and bugs come out of their hideouts and become more active outside. The warm weather attracts summer pests that threaten and damage homes in the long run. Their seemingly endless invasion during this season becomes a perennial problem in most homes.
Common summer pests
During summer, you can expect these unwelcomed visitors in your home:
"The warm weather attracts summer pests that threaten and damage homes in the long run."
Prevention and eradication of summer pests
While common summer pests are considered a normal part of this season, your family doesn’t need to bear their presence in your property. As the cliché goes, ‘an ounce of prevention is always worth a pound of cure’.
Here are some general preventive tips to get rid of the pests:
- 1Check the premises of your home and lawn to see the potential breeding areas of the pests. Keep your plants and grasses trimmed.
- 2To prevent mosquitoes from breeding, remove all stagnant and standing water. Keep the areas dry and clean always. Keep the gutters free from debris that can cause clogging. They are possible breeding spots of mosquitoes and other flying insects.
- 3To eliminate the threat of spreading the Lyme disease, mow your lawn regularly.
- 4Inspect your entire property for hives or nests that stinging insects like yellow jackets build during the summer season. They start building their haven on the outside as soon as the temperature becomes warmer. Check out the shrubs, bushes, trees, and even the exterior of your house that has a crack where they can enter.
- 5To prevent the spread of fleas or ticks, take your pets to the veterinarian and get them treated with remedies formulated to alleviate these pests.
- 6Keep your home clean and sanitized at all times. Regular vacuuming is essential to prevent the spread of fleas.
- 7If you have stacked wood or some wood debris, keep them 50 feet away from your home to prevent the pests from transferring to your home.
If you want more peace of mind and want to prevent potential problems caused by summer pests for good, the best solution is to hire professionals that are trained and experienced in eradicating them. Especially if the damage is widespread, you need trusted experts to do the job quickly and skillfully.
"If you want more peace of mind and want to prevent potential problems caused by summer pests for good, the best solution is to hire professionals that are trained and experienced in eradicating them."
Say goodbye to summer pests with RidAway
RidAway Pest Control is a game-changer that can assist you in this dilemma. We offer effective pest solutions for homes in New England and Massachusetts. Trust your pest problems to RidAway, and we’ll take care of the intruders. Our professional team will inspect your property for free to find the best possible approach to resolve the problem. We do not only treat visible damages – we work hard to stop the pests from coming back and ruining your home.
RidAway is a duly licensed and certified pest control company that knows how to get the job done fast and efficiently. Our arsenal of cutting-edge tools and modern solutions will bring back the peace, comfort, and safety of your family and your home, letting you enjoy hassle-free summertime.
Don’t let pesky creatures spoil your summer excitement. Rid them away with RidAway!